Guy Singer is a partner in the New York office and heads that office's Government Investigations/White Collar practice group. Guy also maintains an office in the firm's Washington D.C. office. His practice focuses on litigation with an emphasis on white collar and corporate compliance matters. He has provided significant representation with respect to internal investigations involving alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), criminal antitrust investigations and prosecutions, and Department of Justice investigations involving the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Guy is a former trial attorney in the Department of Justice's Criminal Division, Fraud Section. While at the Department of Justice, Guy investigated and prosecuted white collar crime and public corruption throughout the United States, from grand jury through trials, including allegations of bribery, bank fraud, money laundering, securities fraud, obstruction of justice, mail/wire fraud, honest-services fraud and violations of the FCPA and Internal Revenue Code. During his tenure with the Department of Justice, he received numerous commendations and recognition from federal and state law enforcement agencies for his work. He previously focused on public corruption and organized crime matters while an Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office.
Due to his extensive experience handling high-profile matters of public corruption and white-collar crime, Guy is often called on by the national media for commentary. Among others, he has appeared on CNN and been quoted in The Washington Post, the L.A. Times and The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Represented a large multinational company in the healthcare industry before the DOJ and Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") in a multi-year FCPA investigation that spanned five continents
- Represented an oil and gas company in connection with internal and DOJ anti-corruption investigations, third party due diligence, and a variety of compliance matters, including drafting anti-corruption policies and procedures.
- Conducted large internal investigations into allegations of FCPA and other criminal violations in multiple countries for several large multinational companies in a variety of industries, including the shipping, oil and gas, engineering, and commodities industries
- Conducted a forensic review of third party interactions and a comprehensive risk assessment for a large multinational company in the shipping industry
- Represented a large multinational company in a criminal matter arising from alleged violations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Provided anti-corruption compliance counseling, including drafting anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures, to a variety of multinational companies in several industries, including the mining and defense industries
- Conducted an internal investigation and provided anti-corruption compliance advice to a multinational company in the logistics industry
- Co-led investigation and prosecution of Washington, D.C.-based lobbyist Jack Abramoff and all related parties; investigation led to conviction of numerous individuals, including a United States Congressman
- Led prosecution in a large-scale health care fraud investigation that resulted in more than fifty convictions; case was featured on NBC's Dateline program
- Tried State v. Kirk Billie, a high-profile double homicide case, which was aired on Court TV. and featured on ABC's 20/20 program
- Tried and obtained convictions in U.S. v. Kirkland et al, the only trial stemming from one of the largest pension-fraud cases in U.S. history
- "Assistant Attorney General's Award for Ensuring Integrity of Government," investigation and prosecution of Jack Abramoff and related parties, United States Department of Justice
- "Meritorious Award," superior performance of duties, United States Department of Justice
- Co-author, "Anti-Corruption Regulation in 2013 and a Review of 2012 Major Developments," The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski - Securities, March 4, 2013
- Co-author with Richard Smith, Marsha Gerber and Kelly Thorman, "Transparency International Releases the 2012 Corruption Perception Index," Fulbright Alert, December 5, 2012
- Co-author with Richard Smith, Lista Cannon, Marsha Gerber, and Kelly Thorman, "Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. and Norton Rose Analyze the Much-Anticipated FCPA Guidance," Fulbright Briefing, November 16, 2012
- Co-author with Marsha Gerber, Richard Smith and Paul Simon, "Critical Findings and Practical Lessons: Conviction Against First Corporate Defendant Tried For FCPA Violations Vacated Because of Prosecutorial Misconduct," Fulbright Briefing, December 8, 2011
- Co-author with Marsha Z. Gerber, Cristina K. Lunders and Kimberly S. Walker, "DOJ and SEC Settlements With Daimler Highlight Increased Fine and Imposition of Monitor for FCPA Violators," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Alert, April 2, 2010
- Co-author with Anne Elkins Murray, William Jacobson and Kimberly Levy, "Caveat Emptor: Why and How FCPA Due Diligence Should Be Conducted Prior to Mergers and Acquisitions," 29 Corp. Couns. Rev. 65 (2010)
- Co-author with Richard Craig Smith, John E. Kelly and Gloria Salcedo Padula, "DOJ and SEC Impose Penalties Against UTStarcom for FCPA Violations", Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, January 6, 2010
- "Beyond the Basics - Consequences of New UK Bribery Act and Intersecting FCPA Regulations," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Seminar, Dallas, Texas, September 17, 2010; Houston, Texas, September 16, 2010
- "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: A 2009 Update," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Web Seminar, May 6, 2009
- Moderator, "Is the US Government Pushing Jurisdictional Boundaries too Far?" ABA Section of International Law, 2008 Fall meeting, September 23, 2008
- Moderator, "U.S. Government Enforcers' View of the FCPA in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Industries", FCPA and International Anti-Corruption for Pharma and Life Sciences Conference, New York, New York, April 30, 2008
- Co-panelist, "Emerging Issues Under the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., New York, New York, April 14, 2008
- "From Lobbying & Election Reforms to Corruption Scandals: Piecing Together Constitutional Restraints," Raleigh, North Carolina Institute of Constitutional Law, January 18, 2007
1992 - J.D., New England School of Law
1987 - B.A., Psychology, University of Hartford
Guy is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia, Florida, and before the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
- District of Columbia
- New York