The International Law Firm of Fulbright & Jaworski - Energy
L. Poe Leggette, Eva Fromm O'Brien, John P. Venzke, Daylin Leach, Eric Washington and L K. Simmer
November 10, 2010 view as PDF
On Tuesday, October 12th, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that the Obama administration had lifted the moratorium on deepwater oil and gas drilling now that tighter regulations were in place. The Department of the Interior is scheduled to publish these new regulations on October 14 and 15, 2010, which will require mandatory safety and environmental management systems ("SEMS"), and govern well design, and blowout preventers.
The speakers at this event are leaders and experts in the offshore industry including our featured speaker U.S. Senator David Vitter of Louisiana.
The attached presentation material reviews what companies need to do to resume exploration in the Gulf of Mexico, what lies ahead for the industry after the elections, as well as other pressing topics, including:
- Update on Insurance and Financial Responsibility in the current environment
- The New Rule on Safety Measures for Energy Development on the OCS
- New rules on SEMS and Environmental Audits
- Technical and environmental reviews of spill plans, exploration plans, and DOCDs.
- Legislative Update - The newly elected Congress will enact change in the offshore industry, what to expect
view as PDF
L. Poe Leggette
Eva Fromm O'Brien