Irfan joined the the firm's Houston office in 2008. As an associate, he focuses his practice on client representations involving oil, gas and energy transactions covering the acquisition and disposition of oil and gas exploration and producing properties, pipelines, gas processing plants, petrochemical facilities and energy companies.
Prior to attending law school, Irfan worked as a technology risk consultant at a Big Four accounting firm, where he provided clients with a broad range of information technology audit services.
- Advised independent exploration and production client on $215 million disposition of producing properties and other oil and gas assets located in the Uintah Basin
- Advised independent exploration and production client on $150 million disposition of Marcellus Shale pipeline assets located in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania
- Advised client with respect to a multi-party agreement in connection with the exploration and development of properties in and around the Haynesville Shale
- Advised independent exploration and production client in a transaction involving redemption of partnership interests in exchange for numerous domestic onshore oil and gas producing properties located in, among other states, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana and Texas
- Advised client on $100 million acquisition of assets from its joint venture partner including a gas-fired power plant and equity interests in multiple pipeline companies in Brazil and Bolivia
- Advised independent oil and gas exploration and producing companies in establishment of a joint venture for production and marketing of oil and gas produced from the Illinois basin
- Advised midstream client on $680 million acquisition of equity interests of entities whose assets included a gas gathering and processing system containing over 800 miles of natural gas pipeline and four gas processing plants in Oklahoma and Texas
- Advised midstream client on $150 million sale of equity interests of entities whose assets consisted of natural gas pipelines and gathering and processing assets, including two interstate gas pipelines and a substantial network of intrastate gas pipelines and gathering and processing systems located primarily in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Tennessee
- Advised independent exploration and production client on its $280 million disposition of leasehold interests in the Barnett Shale to major foreign oil company establishing a strategic alliance for the acquisition, development and exploitation of natural gas resources in an area covering 270,000 acres surrounding the client's existing leasehold interests in the Barnett Shale
- Comment, "Transatlantic Turbulence: The Passenger Name Record Conflict," 45 Hous L. Rev. 587 (2008) - Awarded King & Spalding L.L.P. Award for Best Comment in the Area of International Business
2008 - J.D., summa cum laude, University of Houston Law Center
2001 - B.A., highest honors, Economics, The University of Texas
2001 - B.B.A., honors, Management Information Systems, The University of Texas McCombs School of Business
While in law school, Irfan was honored as a member of the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barons. He also served as a Notes & Comments Editor of the Houston Law Review and tutored first year law students in Property and Legal Writing courses.
Irfan is admitted to practice law in Texas.
Irfan's interests include cars, cooking and gadgets.