Our Product Liability team provides counsel on a broad range of product liability matters. Our lawyers have been actively involved in resolving international and domestic issues for clients, since the advent of manufacturer's liability in the 1960s.
We routinely represent product liability clients in commercial and general litigation and regularly counsel clients across dozens of industries and product lines including:
- Automotive and Truck Heavy Equipment
- Automotive and Truck Components and Tires
- Building Materials
- Consumer Product Manufacturers, Wholesalers and Retailers
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
- Recreational Vehicles
- Elevators, Escalators and Moving Sidewalks
- Farm and Construction Equipment and Implements
- Food, Beverage and Tobacco
- Industrial Manufacturing Equipment
- Material Handling Equipment
- Power and Hand Tools
Our numerous product liability cases have included individual and class action product liability lawsuits. We also provide coast-to-coast representation and management of multi-district litigation (MDLs), including cross-border actions.
Administrative & regulatory representation
Our product liability lawyers counsel clients on federal regulation compliance, representing clients before federal agencies such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Food and Drug Administration and the Department of Agriculture.
We also conduct product recalls on behalf of our clients.
Focused on proactive advice, our Product Liability Team provides clients with preventative counseling on reducing the risk of product litigation. This includes product liability audits and assistance with risk management programs.
- BTI Litigation Outlook recognized us as "Standout" in Product Liability Litigation. (2013)
- For the eleventh year, Corporate Board Member magazine reported that its survey of public company directors identified us as one of the top 25 corporate law firms in the nation. Similar research by Corporate Board Member magazine identified us among the top 25 firms that general counsel would most likely hire for national matters. (2012)
- The Chambers USA Guide ranked us as a leading Products Liability & Mass Torts team nationwide. (2011)