Our acclaimed Securities Litigation and Enforcement team is frequently called upon to assist clients in high-stakes shareholder lawsuits, governmental enforcement actions at the federal and state level, internal investigations, and arbitrations.
Our clients include public and private companies, investment banks, accounting firms, broker-dealers, exchanges, hedge funds, investment advisors, and individual officers, directors and employees.
We represent clients throughout the nation, and internationally, in a wide variety of industries, including energy, utilities, airlines, railroads, health care, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, retail, software, construction, real estate, investment banking, and financial services.
Securities litigation service areas
Our Securities Litigation and Enforcement team has extensive experience representing and counseling clients in numerous situations, including:
- Federal securities litigation
- Shareholder derivative litigation
- Merger, acquisition and going private litigation
- Regulatory enforcement actions
- Audit committee, board committee and special committee investigations
- Broker/dealer litigation
We have defended shareholder lawsuits involving some of the highest-profile merger and acquisition transactions in the country. Our Securities Litigation team has handled numerous federal Rule 10b-5 class actions, state law fraud actions, fiduciary duty claims and corporate governance disputes in venues throughout the nation.
Our securities litigators routinely litigate high-stakes cases involving complex and cutting-edge issues, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- going private transactions
- related party transactions, controlling shareholder transactions, squeeze-out transactions, and missed earnings guidance
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and False Claims Act issues
- financial restatements and accounting issues
- short sale regulations
- IPO litigation
- tender offers
- proxy contests
- master limited partnership issues
- insider trading
- alleged antitrust and regulatory violations
- FDA non-approval lawsuits
- "channel stuffing"
- executive compensation disputes
- claims under the Investment Advisers Act and Investment Company Act
- bondholder litigation
- breaches of fiduciary duty
- say-on-pay litigation
- all aspects of broker-dealer litigation
We have litigated numerous motions to dismiss, motions for class certification, injunction hearings, and appeals. Our group also routinely represents special committees and independent directors in government investigations, internal investigations, and shareholder litigation arising from such investigations.
During the past several years, we have handled some of the largest internal FCPA and trade sanction investigations in the nation. We also represent boards, independent director committees, and special litigation committees in responding to shareholder demands.
- BTI Litigation Outlook recognized the firm as "Standout" in Securities and Finance Litigation. (2013)