Admiralty and maritime law has been an important service area for the firm for more than 75 years.
Typical matters include:
- Domestic and international arbitrations and dispute resolutions
- Insurance coverage opinions
- Regulatory compliance of vessel registrations, purchases and sales
- Resolution of statutory fines and penalties
- Defense of personal injury and property damage actions
- Charter parties and other maritime contract negotiations, drafting and litigation
- Tax-advantaged vessel financing, construction, ownership advice; in particular, the MARAD Capital Construction Fund
- Our admiralty team has a wide range of maritime knowledge and experience.
Our admiralty lawyers also serve as arbitrators and mediators in admiralty disputes.
From offshore drilling and service contractors to vessel owners and stevedores, maritime clients rely on our admiralty team for legal advice.