Danny Kim is a partner in the firm's Los Angeles office. Danny joined the firm in 1997 and focuses his practice primarily on public finance. He believes his past experience as a certified public accountant greatly affects the way he represents clients. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as a staff attorney for the Securities and Exchange Commission in New York.
Mr. Kim has served as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel on transactions involving enterprise revenue bonds, mello-roos and assessment district bonds, lease revenue bonds and certificates of participation, and tax allocation bonds. Danny also has significant experience in financing of prisons managed by private operators.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- California Society of Municipal Finance Officers
- State Bar of California
- Co-author, "California Assembly Bill 1484 Alters Dissolution of Redevelopment Agencies; Imposes Requirements on Cities/Counties," Fulbright Briefing, July 10, 2012
- "Opportunities for PPPs in California's Water Infrastructure," International Project Finance Association (IPFA) Americas Presentation, Los Angeles, California, May 3, 2012
- "The Current Pulse of the Municipal Bond Market in California," California Water Infrastructure Delivery and Funding Workshop, Stantec, Riverside, California, June 9, 2010
- "Financing Redevelopment: How Do You Pay For a Redevelopment Project?," Introduction to Redevelopment, California Redevelopment Association, Stockton, California, April 7, 2010
- "Role of Financing Participants," CRA Redevelopment Institute - 2009, California Redevelopment Association, Garden Grove, California, May 7, 2009
1996 - J.D., with distinction, McGeorge School of Law
1990 - B.A., Economics, University of California, Berkeley
While attending law school, Danny was a member of the Traynor Honor Society.
He is a certified public accountant (inactive) and was admitted to practice law in California in 1996.
Danny enjoys spending time with his family, golfing and playing the piano.
- Korean - Proficient