Licensing and ecommerce
Information technology is fundamental to doing business in today's economy. Acquiring and using that technology entails a host of legal issues, which our corporate lawyers are well-equipped to handle.
Our corporate team reviews, advises and negotiates a wide variety of data processing-related arrangements, including software licenses, outsourcing agreements, computer equipment acquisitions, maintenance and support contracts and distribution relationships.
And since nearly all of today's business is conducted over the internet, we also advise on e-commerce matters such as preparing terms and conditions, drafting privacy policies, and advising on applicable U.S. and foreign legislation.
Our Outsourcing team is a leader in information technology and business process outsourcing transactions. Outsourcing clients look to us to evaluate, structure, negotiate and manage all types of outsourcing transactions, including complex, competitively-bid and multinational transactions.
Our Outsourcing team has significant experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting information technology outsourcing agreements, business process outsourcing agreements, domestic and international distribution agreements, software development agreements, licensing and marketing agreements, joint ventures, strategic alliances and teaming relationships.
Swap - derivative transactions
We have an active team in the use and development of a wide variety of financial products, both corporate and tax-exempt, including the various hedging tools available in today's markets. Among the many products and strategies where we offer extensive experience are:
- The full range of over-the-counter swap transactions enabling parties to manage pricing and other risks on interest rates, currencies, credit defaults, commodities and capital stock valuations
- Price protection strategies, such as floors, caps and collars
- Float contracts between issuers and counterparties guaranteeing a rate of reinvestment return
- Forward delivery arrangements between counterparties
- Guaranteed investment contracts and similar arrangements aimed at protecting principle
- Indexed notes providing the holder with participation in the performance of an index
- Call rights enabling issuers to call back instruments at a predetermined price
- Options and repurchase agreements providing sellers and buyers of securities flexibility for defined time periods
The breadth and depth of experience available in the firm's derivatives team is a valuable asset in helping clients evaluate and execute essential financial strategies.
Read about our public finance team.