Fulbright is well known nationally and internationally for its excellence in litigation and dispute resolution. Fulbright's health care industry litigation capabilities are a part of that well-deserved reputation.
Health Care Litigation Clients
Fulbright has built a health care industry litigation team that includes trial lawyers who are routinely called upon to represent the interests of hospitals, multi-hospital systems, physicians and physician groups, managed care organizations, academic medical centers, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, medical equipment suppliers, skilled nursing facilities, home health, long term care facilities and other industry businesses in a range of litigation, including highly publicized matters involving legal issues of first impression.
Health Care Litigation Training and Acumen
Fulbright's health care industry trial lawyers undergo extensive in-house training. The training begins when our lawyers are first hired and continues throughout their career.
Many of Fulbright's senior lawyers have written, lectured and taught health care providers and other lawyers on the issues involved in health care industry litigation. Our lawyers author and co-publish the widely respected Texas Medical Jurisprudence.
Health Care Recognition
Fulbright's health care industry trial lawyers have won national acclaim for defending complex professional negligence cases, such as obstetric and pediatric malpractice claims, through all phases of litigation. Our litigators handle general litigation and administrative litigation, from provider appeals of underpayments or overpayments to contract claims. Our lawyers are experienced and skilled in multi-district litigation and alternative dispute resolution techniques.
Health Care Litigation Experience
Our litigation team's experience includes:
- Licensure proceedings
- Provider de-certification, suspension and termination proceedings, including EMTALA matters
- Payment and cost report disputes before contractors and the Provider Reimbursement Review Board
- Anti-kickback and Stark Law violation allegations
- False Claims Act litigation, including Qui Tam Actions
- Medical staff peer review and staff privilege disputes
- Insurance and managed care disputes, including "prompt pay" claims
- Antitrust litigation and investigations
- Medical malpractice and products liability matters
- Pharmaceutical and medical device litigation
- Construction disputes
- Employment litigation
- Contract claims