We are one of the few major legal practices with a strong "traditional" labor team.
For decades, our Labor and Employment team has advised and represented employers in cases under the National Labor Relations Act. When charges of unfair labor services are filed, our team defends employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and in court. We are also experienced in obtaining injunctions in strike and picketing situations.
In addition to representing non-union companies, we represent a substantial number of clients that have long-standing relationships with unions. We advise on contract administration, handle negotiations and represent companies in labor arbitration cases.
Our Labor and Employment team also represents companies in lawsuits involving disputes under collective bargaining agreements and arbitration awards.
Our experience includes virtually every topic and union tactic, including:
- Appropriate bargaining units
- Discrimination claims
- Duty to bargain
- Supervisory status
- Union "corporate" campaigns
- Union organizers' use of online and social media tools
- Double-breasted" operations
- Deferral to arbitration
- Efforts to organize "contingent" workers by unions
- Employee involvement programs in union and non-union workplaces
- Objections to the conduct of elections
- Trespass by union organizers
We are one of the few legal practices in the country with substantial experience in representing employers covered by the Railway Labor Act, often acting as counsel in National Mediation Board proceedings and in labor litigation concerning railroads, airlines and other covered employers.