Coordinating our work through multiple locations, our Real Estate team has substantial experience in structuring, negotiating, and completing a wide variety of real estate projects around the United States involving a broad range of commercial uses, including:
- Unimproved land
- Office buildings
- Apartment complexes
- Low and moderate income housing projects
- Retail facilities and shopping centers
- Multi-use facilities
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Medical buildings
- Hotels (including convention hotels)
- Planned communities
- Condominium development
- Golf courses
- Theme parks
- Energy production and storage facilities
- Industrial facilities
- Manufacturing facilities
- Distribution centers and warehouses
- Various entertainment venues, including theaters, opera houses, stadiums, arenas, race tracks, and convention centers
- Cement, concrete and building manufacturing facilities
- Jail and detention facilities
- Quarry reclamation and redevelopment projects
- Corporate headquarters and major facilities relocations
- Retirement and assisted care centers
We have substantial experience in all stages of construction, representing owners, developers, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, architects and suppliers. We are experienced in architect and construction contract drafting and negotiation, and we have been involved with partnering programs and joint venture structures for construction projects. We also are experienced in the negotiation and resolution of claims arising during the performance of construction contracts.
When a growing multi-family investment fund determined to acquire numerous multi-family assets with integrated gold course and shared amenities, we guided its client through the resolution of issues related to re-platting, a reciprocal easement agreement, negation of restructure covenants on adjacent property, assumption of securitized debt involving rating agency approval, substantive non-consolidation opinions and alcohol licensing requirements.
Whether downtown, suburban, existing, historic, large or small, domestic or international, our real estate lawyers have extensive experience in:
- Negotiation of office leases for tenants and landlords
- Analysis and audit of existing leases and operational issues such as operating expenses, termination rights, renewal rights, expansion rights assignment and subletting, and dealing with the landlord's lender
- Dispute resolution for common area and operating expense pass-throughs
- Build-to-suits including due diligence, environmental, acquisition, construction, leasing and continuing operations
Our real estate clients include REITs, corporate users, developers, individuals, governmental and quasi-governmental entities. We help our clients focus on the practical aspects of a lease. We understand how to make a lease a living document which enhances a client's business and is flexible enough to service the client in changing circumstances so the lease remains an asset throughout the term.
We have prepared forms for clients to employ for leasing and subleasing, property management, work letters, subordination and non-disturbance agreements and lease guarantees.
We know the ins and outs of public-private partnerships where public entities own the land and private entities develop and operate the improvements.
We know how to assist landlords in integrating ground-floor retails tenants into major downtown office buildings and addressing issues such as allocation of operating expenses between office and retail tenants, continuous operations clauses, build out to office-level standards, signage and parking. We know how to negotiate work letters to ensure that the build-out is as cost effective and timely as possible.
When it comes to office leasing, we can help you get it done, help you work through an acquisition or disposition, help you with operational issues, assist you with lenders and make sure your lease works for you as your business needs develop and change.