One of the world's "Arbitration Elite"
The Fulbright & Jaworski Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) practice has been consistently recognized as a leader in the field, both internationally and within the United States. Arbitration/ADR may be especially effective alternatives to litigation in foreign or hostile local venues and matters involving foreign legal representatives.
Fulbright's rankings for international arbitration and ADR include:
One of only 17 firms in the world named as the "Arbitration Elite"
by The American Lawyer
- One of the top 10 national law firms for dispute resolution in the Global Counsel Dispute Resolution Handbook
Arbitral institution experience
Fulbright lawyers frequently serve as client advocates or arbitrators under the rules of U.S. and international arbitral institutions. In some cases, we were instrumental in the founding of the institutions. In the U.S., these institutions include:
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD)
- New York Stock Exchange
Internationally, we represent clients around the world in disputes before organizations such as:
- International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- International Chamber of Commerce International Court of Arbitration (ICC)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
Example: professional service dispute
Fulbright represented a European engineering firm in an ICC arbitration against a European affiliate of a U.S. company. The dispute involved the construction of a pipeline. The place of arbitration was Frankfurt, and the governing law was German.