A Long History with Schools and Educators
Fulbright & Jaworski has always a placed a high priority on education through the legal services we provide and the public service performed by our individual lawyers and staff.
The emphasis on education began nearly 80 years ago when an early partner of the firm was elected president of the school board in Houston and later helped establish the University of Houston Law Center.
Serving the entire education spectrum
As a firm today, we provide comprehensive legal services to:
- School districts
- Public and private universities and colleges
- Higher education associations
- Research facilities
- Standardized test providers
- Teaching hospitals
We can leverage the experience of more than 50 separate practice areas to serve our clients, and we are especially strong in key areas of concern for education entities of all types. For example, Fulbright is:
- One of the nation's most active law firms in public finance, including education-related bond issues
- A leader in employment and labor matters, including employee benefits
- One of the nation's leading litigation and dispute resolution firms
- A major intellectual property firm, consistently ranked among the leaders in patent and trademark work, a valuable resource for research programs
Fulbright lawyers participate in organizations such as the National Association of College and University Attorneys and the Small School Districts Association. Several are professors at major law schools.
Currently, our colleagues serve on public school boards and university boards of trustees and contribute countless hours to youth sports programs, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and other youth development programs.