A Firm with Deep Roots in the Nonprofit Sector
Fulbright & Jaworski lawyers were the legal strategists behind the formation of the M. D. Anderson Foundation some 70 years ago, which provided initial funding for the establishment of the Texas Medical Center in Houston. It is the largest medical complex in the world.
We can leverage the experience of more than 50 separate practice areas to serve our clients, and we are especially strong in key areas of concern for education entities of all types. For example, Fulbright is:
- One of the nation's most active law firms in public finance, including education-related bond issues
- A leader in employment and labor matters, including employee benefits
- One of the nation's leading litigation and dispute resolution firms
- Among the oldest and largest health law practices
- A major tax law practice widely used by corporate, government and tax-exempt and nonprofit organizations
Currently, our colleagues serve on public school boards and university boards of trustees and contribute countless hours to youth sports programs, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and various charitable organizations. Numerous Fulbright & Jaworski lawyers serve on boards of not-for-profit hospitals, research foundations, health care organizations, charities and foundations and the boards of trustees of numerous universities and colleges.