More Than 30 Years in Biotech
Fulbright & Jaworski lawyers and patent agents have a long history with the biotech industry in areas such as automated DNA sequencing; nucleic acid amplification methods; and plant, animal and microbial genetics.
From concept through commercialization, Fulbright is a strategic partner of emerging and established biotech companies. For example, our IP practice involves patent prosecution, litigation and licensing in areas such as molecular genetics, transgenic animals, biochemistry, drug and clinical tests and assays.
Cutting edge clients
Just some of the technological areas where we have represented private and public biotech companies are:
- Antibiotic drug development
- Antiviral vaccines and therapies
- Cancer drug development and marketing
- Cancer gene therapy
- Cardiovascular drugs and medical devices
- Chemical synthesizers to enhance effectiveness of pharmaceuticals and herbicides
- DNA identification of livestock
- DNA sequencing and software
- DNA/genetic testing and information services for the agricultural and food industries
- Immunological therapeutics
- Molecular biology kits and reagents
- RNA-based diagnostics
- Self-replicating hybrid genetics for cereal grains
Clients working in these areas rely on Fulbright, because our lawyers understand their industry and their technologies, and because we offer them comprehensive legal services -- transactional, regulatory and litigation -- from more than 50 integrated practice areas.
- For the eleventh year, Corporate Board Member magazine reported that its survey of public company directors identified Fulbright as one of the top 25 corporate law firms in the nation. Similar research by Corporate Board Member magazine identified Fulbright among the top 25 firms that general counsel would most likely hire for national matters. (2012)
- Fulbright ranked in the top 4 for all U.S. firms in trademark litigation. Read more . . .
- A "Top Patent Defense Firm" for IP litigation matters (The American Lawyer, 2004)