- Business Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Discrimination
- Trade Secrets/Noncompetition Issues
- Real Estate Litigation
- Election Law
- Public Finance Litigation Issues
Norlynn Price, a partner, joined the firm's Dallas office in 1989. She practices in the firm's Litigation Department. She has significant experience in the areas of commercial/business tort litigation, employment discrimination and other employment-related litigation, intellectual property litigation and real estate litigation involving borrower/lender, landlord/tenant and owner/developer disputes.
Norlynn is also experienced in issues surrounding and litigation involving the judicial validation of public securities issued by governmental authorities and political subdivisions for public works projects as authorized by the Texas Government Code.
Norlynn's most recent experience includes:
- Representation of lender (through special loan servicer) against borrowers and guarantors in multi-state litigation involving in excess of $1 billion in defaulted loans secured by real property and twenty-five apartment complexes comprising over nine thousand units, resulting in various judgments and settlements favorable to client
- Representation of various real estate mortgage investment trusts (REMICs), through special loan servicers, in litigation matters throughout Texas and several other states in both state and federal courts against borrowers and loan guarantors on defaulted loans, resulting in successful appointments of receivers, injunctions against borrowers to prevent waste and dilution of value of collateral assets, and ultimately the favorable resolution of disputes through settlement or the sale of the assets serving as collateral for the loans
- Representation of various governmental agencies and political subdivisions in declaratory judgment actions involving the governmental entities' intent to issue revenue bonds or to assess ad valorem taxes for the financing of various public works projects, and also for the clarification as to the boundaries of the governmental entities following annexation or a dispute as to location of the boundaries
- Representation of international exhibit manufacturer in a commercial matter involving theft of trade secrets and other intellectual property and violation of post-employment covenants, resulting in settlement favorable to the client, including a permanent injunction in the client's favor
- Representation of international manufacturer in copyright and trademark infringement action, resulting in settlement favorable to client (including a permanent injunction in the client's favor) following jury selection at trial
- Representation of international electronic component vendor in commercial matter involving noncompetition covenants and alleged theft of trade secrets, resulting in settlement favorable to client
- Representation of international human resources service contractor in wrongful discharge and libel/slander action brought by former employee, resulting in summary judgment favorable to client
- Representation of major energy company in a commercial dispute regarding commissions allegedly due under an area of mutual interest agreement, resulting in voluntary dismissal of claims against client following the filing of a motion for summary judgment against the client's opponentRepresentation of subsidiary of publicly held energy company in commercial litigation against franchise operator over terms of purchase agreement for petroleum products, resulting in settlement favorable to client following filing of motion for summary judgment against client's opponentRepresentation of federal savings bank in commercial matter involving bank's handling of mortgage loan, resulting in summary judgment in favor of client, which judgment was affirmed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Representation of international electronics manufacturing and consulting contractor in wrongful discharge and employment discrimination matter before U.S. Department of Justice, resulting in summary judgment in favor of client.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- "Texas Top Rated Lawyer," LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (2012, 2013)
1984 - J.D., Baylor University School of Law
1982 - B.A., cum laude, English, Baylor University
While in law school, Norlynn served as an editor of the Baylor Law Review and as teaching assistant to the director of the school's Practice Court program. She was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 1985 and is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts, all federal district courts located in Texas and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Federal Circuits.
- Vision Africa, Board of Directors
Kessler Park United Methodist Church
- Director of Education for Children's Ministries
- Director of Children's Choirs